If you’ve tried the glazed carrots at Bob’s Steak & Chop House, then you already know. You’ll never see this side dish the same – ever again.
True, nothing really matches chowing down on Bob’s glazed carrots paired with their prized prime rib steak. But this recipe should help you bridge the gap until your next visit to the restaurant.
2020 Cyber Monday Deals.
We recently updated our guide to the best available Cyber Monday sales on pellet & electric smokers, gas grills, and outdoor cooking gifts.
- 8 large carrots
- 1/8 cup of corn starch
- 16 ounces of orange juice
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 3/8 cups of water
- Add orange juice, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon & 1/4 cup of water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Grab a separate bowl. Mix corn starch & 1/8 cup of water until you work out all the lumps. Add this to the heated saucepan and bring back to a boil. Once glaze has thickened, set the saucepan to the side.
- Peel carrots, then bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, then drain.
- Mix carrots with the glaze and let soak at low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve. Pour excess glaze over carrots.